Last Updated: December 5, 2019
The following agreement describes the terms under which THRIV Coalition offers you access to our website and related services.
This TOU constitutes your entire agreement with the Cause regarding the Cause Site and governs any and all of your use of the Cause Site. It supersedes all prior or contemporaneous communications and proposals, whether electronic, oral or written, between you and the Cause with respect to the Cause Site. You agree that the TOU is not intended to confer and does not confer any rights or remedies upon any person other than you and the Cause. We may amend the TOU at any time, from time to time, by posting an amended TOU on the Cause Site. Any changes to the TOU will become effective immediately upon posting and may be changed without notice to you. This TOU may not be otherwise amended except in a writing signed by you and the Cause. If you have questions regarding this agreement please contact the Cause through the contact form on the Cause Site.
From time to time it may be necessary for the Cause to update or revise certain provisions of the TOU. By using the Cause Site and accepting the TOU, you agree that the Cause may modify the terms of the TOU, including, but not limited to, those terms related to the charges (if any) associated with your use of the Cause Site. You are responsible for regularly reviewing the latest version of the TOU, and any additional terms and conditions that may be posted. Your continued use of the Cause Site constitutes your agreement to all such terms, conditions, and notices. If you do not agree to the changes proposed by the Cause, or to any of the terms in the TOU, your only remedy is to stop using the Cause Site.
USING THE THRIV COALITION WEBSITE
The Cause Site must not be used
- To store, publish, distribute, or otherwise disseminate unlawful material or information including, but not limited to: threatening, harassing, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, indecent, hateful, objectionable, tortious, libelous, deceptive, or fraudulent information and materials, or information and materials that constitute or give rise to claims of an invasion of another person’s privacy;
- To conduct any activity that is a violation of any State or Federal law or to request unlawful services or materials;
- To harm minors in any way;
- To impersonate any person or entity, including, but not limited to, the Cause employee or representative, or to falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
- To store, publish, distribute, or otherwise disseminate child pornography or similar material;
- In the furtherance of any activity that infringes (directly or indirectly) upon the intellectual property rights of others, including, but not limited to, copyrights, trademarks, service marks, trade secrets, and patents;
- To interfere with any other party’s use and enjoyment of the Cause Site;
- in any way that deliberately degrades or disables the Cause Site or any other computer system or to prevent or impede the delivery of any legitimate data;
- To make inappropriate postings to social media sites, newsgroups, chat rooms, electronic bulletin boards and any other forum on the Cause Site or elsewhere; or by persons under the age of 18 to purchase products without the involvement of a parent or guardian.
You agree that you will not take any action that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure. Many of the features and information on the Cause Site are updated on a real time basis and are proprietary to us or are licensed to the Cause by third parties. You agree that you will not copy, reproduce, alter, modify, create derivative works, or publicly display any content (except for content you provide to us) from the Cause Site without the prior expressed written permission of the Cause or the appropriate third party.
Unless otherwise stated in a separate agreement:
- The Cause grants you a limited license to access and make use of the Cause Site and not to download (other than page caching) or modify it, or any portion of it, except with the express written consent of the Cause. This license does not include any resale or commercial use of the Cause Site or its contents; any collection or use of any product listings, descriptions, or prices; any derivative use of this site or its contents; any downloading or copying of account information; or any use of data mining, robots, or similar data gathering and extraction tools. Any unauthorized use terminates the permission or license granted by the Cause. You are granted a limited, revocable, and nonexclusive right to create a hyperlink to the home page of the Cause www.THRIVcoalition.com so long as the link does not portray the Cause, or its products or services, in a false, misleading, derogatory, or otherwise offensive manner.
- The Cause does not claim ownership of any information, data, text, communications, software graphics, music, sound, photographs, video, messages or other materials (each, “Content”) you submit or make available for inclusion on the Cause Site. However, with respect to submitted Content you may post on the Cause Site, you grant the Cause a worldwide, royalty free and non-exclusive license(s) to use, distribute, reproduce, modify, adapt, publicly perform and publicly display such Content on the Cause Site solely for the purposes of providing the Cause Site services. This license exists only for as long as you elect to continue to include, transmit or store such Content on the Cause Site and will terminate at the time you remove or the Cause removes such submitted Content from the Cause Site. You expressly warrant you have the right to grant this license in any Content you upload, store or transmit to or through the Cause Site. If you do not have the right to grant such license, you should not be uploading, storing or transmitting such material, and doing so will be a breach of the TOU. You acknowledge that the Cause may or may not pre-screen Content, but that the Cause and its designees shall have the right (but not the obligation) in their sole discretion to pre-screen, refuse, or move any Content that is available via the Cause Site. Without limiting the foregoing, the Cause and its designees shall have the right to remove any submitted Content that violates the TOU or is otherwise objectionable. You agree that you must evaluate, and bear all risks associated with, the use of any Content, including any reliance on the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of such Content. In this regard, you acknowledge that you may not rely on any Content created by, or submitted to the Cause.
The Cause may provide, or third parties may provide, links to other World Wide Websites or resources. Because the Cause has no control over such sites and resources, you acknowledge and agree that the Cause is not responsible for the availability of such external sites or resources, and does not endorse and is not responsible or liable for any Content, advertising, products, or other materials on or available from such sites or resources. You further acknowledge and agree that the Cause shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such Content, goods or services available on or through any such site or resource.
WARRANTY AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
The Cause Site is provided on an “as is” basis and without any warranty or condition, express, implied or statutory. We and our suppliers specifically disclaim any implied warranties of title, merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement.
You expressly understand and agree that:
- Your use of the Cause Site is at your sole risk.
- Our services are provided on an “as is” basis and “as available” basis.
- We expressly disclaim all warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, including, but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement.
Unless otherwise stated in a separate agreement, (1) the Cause makes no warranty that (a) using the Cause Site will meet your requirements, (b) service will be uninterrupted, secure, timely, or error-free, (c) the results that may be obtained from the use of our services will be accurate or reliable, (d) the quality of any products, services, information, or other material purchased or obtained by you through the Cause Site will meet your expectations, and (e) any errors in the Cause Site will be corrected; and (2) any material downloaded or otherwise obtained through the use of the Cause Site is done at your own discretion and risk and you will be solely responsible for any damage to your computer system or loss of data that results from the download of any such material.
You agree, at your own expense, to indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Cause and its employees, representatives, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, suppliers and agents (collectively, the “Cause Indemnified Parties”), against any claim, suit, action or other proceeding against the Cause Indemnified Parties, by a third party, to the extent that such claim, suit, action or other proceeding is based on or arises in connection with your use of the Cause Site (or the use of any of your sub-accounts) specifically including (i) a violation of the terms set forth in the TOU (ii) a claim that any use of the Cause Site by you infringes any third party intellectual property right, is libelous or defamatory, or otherwise results in injury or damage to anyone. You agree to pay any and all costs, damages and expenses, including, but not limited to, reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs awarded against or otherwise incurred by or in connection with or arising from any such claim, suit, action or proceeding attributable to any such claim.
Any legal controversy or legal claim arising out of or relating to this TOU or the Cause Site, excluding legal action taken by the Cause to collect our fees and/or recover damages for, or obtain an injunction relating to, the Cause or the Cause Site operations, intellectual property, and our services, shall be settled by binding arbitration in accordance with the commercial arbitration rules of the American Arbitration Association. Any such controversy or claim shall be arbitrated on an individual basis, and shall not be consolidated in any arbitration with any claim or controversy of any other party, unless in our sole judgment, the Cause wishes to consolidate the legal controversy of two or more parties in any legal action. The arbitration shall be conducted in Denton County, Texas, and judgment on the arbitration award may be entered into any court having jurisdiction thereof. The Cause may seek any interim or preliminary relief from a court of competent jurisdiction in Denton County, Texas necessary to protect our rights pending the completion of arbitration.
Should you file an action contrary to this provision, the Cause may recover from you our reasonable attorney fees and costs. You agree that regardless of any statute or law to the contrary, any claim or cause of action arising out of or related to use of this site or services or the TOU must be filed within six (6) months after such claim or cause of action arose or be forever barred. Notwithstanding anything else to the contrary in this TOU, the Cause shall always have and retains the right to pursue legal action of any kind or nature whatsoever in any appropriate jurisdiction in order to protect our interests.
You agree that the Cause may, without prior notice, immediately terminate your access to the Cause Site and the Cause services. Cause for such termination shall include, but not be limited to, (a) breaches or violations of the TOU or other incorporated agreements or guidelines, (b) requests by law enforcement or other government agencies, (c) a request by you (self-initiated termination), (d) discontinuance or material modification to the Cause service (or any part thereof), (e) unexpected technical or security issues or problems, and (f) extended periods of inactivity. Termination of your the Cause services includes (i) removal of access to all the Cause services and the Cause Site, (ii) removal of access and deletion of all related information, files and content associated with or inside services provided to you by the Cause (or any part thereof), and (iii) barring further use of the Cause Site and the Cause services. Further, you agree that all terminations for cause shall be made in the Cause’ sole discretion and that the Cause shall not be liable to you or any third party for any termination of the Cause Site or the Cause services.
You and the Cause are independent contractors. No agency, partnership, joint venture, or employment is created as a result of this TOU and you do not have any authority of any kind to bind the Cause in any respect whatsoever. The failure of either party to exercise in any respect any right provided for herein shall not be deemed a waiver of any further rights hereunder.
If any provision of this TOU is found to be unenforceable or invalid, that provision shall be limited or eliminated to the minimum extent necessary so that this TOU shall otherwise remain in full force and effect and enforceable.
Any notice by us to you may be made at our option via a posting on the Cause Site or via email or first class mail. It is your responsibility to check the Cause Site from time to time for updates. Your continued use of the Cause Site constitutes your agreement to and acceptance of this TOU and any changes to it.
Choice of Law, Compliance with Applicable Laws
If any part of this Agreement is held invalid or unenforceable, that portion shall be construed in a manner consistent with applicable law to reflect, as nearly as possible, the original intentions of the parties, and the remaining portions shall remain in full force and effect. The laws of the State of Texas, excluding its conflicts-of-law rules, govern the TOU and your account. User conduct may be subject to other local, state, national, and international laws. You expressly agree that exclusive jurisdiction and venue for any claim or dispute with THRIV Coalition Site or relating in any way to your account or your use of THRIV Coalition resides in the courts of King County, WA and you further agree and expressly consent to the exercise of personal jurisdiction in the courts of Texas in connection with any such dispute including any claim involving THRIV Coalition or its affiliates, subsidiaries, employees, contractors, officers, directors, telecommunication providers and content providers.
You agree to abide by U.S. and other applicable export control laws and not to transfer, by electronic transmission or otherwise, any content or software subject to restrictions under such laws to a national destination prohibited under such laws, without first obtaining, and then complying with, any requisite government authorization. You further agree not to upload to the Cause Site any data or software that cannot be exported without prior written government authorization, including, but not limited to, certain types of encryption software. This assurance and commitment shall survive termination of this TOU.
You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit for any commercial purposes any portion of this site or access to the Cause Site or our services.